Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to your questions about concierge medicine and Anytime DRs.
What is concierge healthcare?
An emerging trend in modern healthcare allowing for a more individualized and personalized approach to patient-centered healthcare. Concierge medicine is not a new concept but it is rapidly increasing in popularity due to the current unmet need in healthcare.
According to Wikipedia, concierge medicine (also known as retainer medicine) is a relationship between a patient and a primary care physician in which the patient pays an annual fee or retainer. This may or may not be in addition to other charges. In exchange for the retainer, doctors agree to provide enhanced care, including principally a commitment to limit patient loads to ensure adequate time and availability for each patient.
What is a newer concept is concirge medicine is affordable concierge care. Concierge medicine is no longer just for the wealthy. Affordable concierge healthcare enables you to have 24/7 DIRECT access to your personal physician!
Imagine texting, calling or e-mailing your physician DIRECTLY! No front office involved, no voicemails, no messages…..just you and your doctor, scheduling the same or next day visit, answering questions or just following up on labs or tests! That is concierge healthcare.
Why is concierge healthcare needed?
For many reasons:
- Long wait times or inability to conveniently get in and see your doctor for an appointment.
- High insurance deductibles and costly co-pays leading to lack of preventative care and wellness visits on a regular or as needed basis.
- Inability to communicate directly with your doctor by cell phone, text, e-mail or in person WHEN needed.
- No health insurance or coverage due to very high and costly premiums with skyrocketing health insurance deductibles, leaving the present and future to only chance, fate and karma.
- Restrictive insurance plans that limit your treatment options
What is special about this concept of Anytime DRs?
The cost for quality service and concierge healthcare!
- Around the clock access to your anytime doctor with direct and convenient communication and availability by cellphone, text, e-mail or in person. This allows for Personalized and Individualized healthcare, much like any other First Class or VIP service.
- Same or next day appointments.
- Immediate pickup or return calls from your anytime doctor, usually within the hour. No need to speak with staff or receptionist.
- At-cost blood work, imaging services, medications and discounted access to chiropractic, dental and vision services.
- Affordable concierge medicine. Most concierge doctors have fees only the wealthy can afford. We believe everyone should have access to top quality medical care.
How does Anytime DRs compare to an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room?
There is no comparison! Why? With Anytime DRs…..
- Minimal or no wait times, with same or next day appointments.
- No co-pays or deductibles.
- Around the clock availability.
- Peace of mind with continuity of care.
- Affordable and convenient access based on your schedule.
- Treatment by a doctor who personally knows you and your medical background.
- Virtual appointments with your doctor.
- No hidden fees.
- No lengthy waits in a waiting room.
- No rushed appointments.
Why are the fees so low to join?
We keep our fees low for many reasons –
- The founding partners wish to provide quality and convenient access to concierge healthcare for the general public at a price that is affordable.
- Concierge healthcare should be available to all, not just the rich and wealthy.
- Access to quality concierge healthcare focusing on prevention and overall wellness should be affordable to ALL!
- The founder of Anytime DRs was born in the USA. He is a licensed, board-certified medical doctor, practicing for nearly 20 years. He wishes to utilize the relationships he has acquired and respectfully developed over the years and decades with affiliated healthcare services and providers to help and benefit the many individuals in need of access to affordable and quality concierge healthcare.
I already have health insurance – why should I pay extra to join Anytime DRs?
While most insurance plans cover primary care office visits and other services, patients often have difficulty in obtaining timely appointments with their doctor and rarely have adequate time for their concerns to be fully heard and addressed. Despite their best intentions, physicians are frequently left feeling rushed and unable to fully address wellness and preventive health approaches.
Anytime DRs provides a level of personal service generally not found in a traditional primary care medical practice, including direct access to your anytime doctor by cell phone and email, anytime, anywhere and office visits of more than 15 minutes, and true coordination of your care with specialists and other physicians handled personally by your anytime doctor.
In addition, with large co-pays and huge deductibles on the rise, patients are often left with “sick care” insurance and not actual “healthcare” insurance, providing primary preventative services for the early detection of cancer and/or heart disease for overall wellness.
Is this an insurance plan? Do I need to keep my existing health insurance?
This membership model is NOT an insurance plan, and you will need to keep your existing health insurance to pay for specialist physician services, prescription drugs, and hospitalizations.
What do you mean by a “Membership Practice?”
The “Membership Practice” model is one in which each patient who is a member of AccessMyDoctor, LLC, d/b/a “Anytime DRs”, pays an Annual Fee that covers most of the primary care received in-office, as well as enhanced and preventative services not normally available in a traditional medical practice, such as direct access to your anytime doctor by cell phone, text or email, same day or next-day sick appointments, unhurried office visits, and no/short in-office wait time.
This emerging approach is a smaller, more intimate primary care practice that allows you to have a personal relationship with your physician. The goal is to provide enhanced and integrative health care that is more responsive, thorough, and individualized, a true partnership focusing on your health and wellness.
Our philosophy is to be patient-centric and empower the patient to be more informed in making decisions regarding desired preventive services, based on family history, genetics, work, environmental, and personal factors.
Can the Annual Fee be applied towards my insurance plan deductible?
Because the Annual Fee pays for some services that are not covered by insurance, your insurance plan might not apply the Annual Fee towards your deductible. Each insurance plan may approach this issue differently, so if you have more specific questions, you should contact your insurance company representative.
Is the Annual Fee refundable if I move or simply decide that AnytimeDRs is not right for me?
Yes, the Annual Fee covers services available to you while you are a member of Anytime DRs. If you leave Anytime DRs for any reason, a pro-rata portion of the Annual Fee already paid will be refunded to you.
(If you have already received your annual comprehensive preventative health assessment and exam for the year, then an amount for that exam will be deducted from any pro-rata refund owed to you). There is no risk or long term commitment.
Do I have to pay a co-pay or a deductible?
There are no co-pays, no deductibles and no hidden fees for services covered by Anytime DRs.
Our philosophy is plain and simple complete transparency between you and your physician regarding any and all health care services recommended or received. It is simply a flat rate.
Any additional lab work, diagnostic imaging, or other services and medications are provided at cost or extremely discounted rates. In the event that your anytime doctor is on vacation or attending a medical conference, he will be covered by a qualified colleague. Your anytime doctor should still be available by cellphone, text or email, unless you are previously notified to the contrary.
I’m covered by Medicare, Maryland Medical Assistance, TRICARE, or an HMO. Can I join Anytime DRs?
No. At this time AnytimeDRs is not able to enroll any members who are covered by Medicare, Maryland Medical Assistance, TRICARE, or any HMO.
What if I need to be hospitalized?
You may be hospitalized at the hospital of your choice. Although the hospitalist service will be the attending physician of record, your anytime doctor will coordinate your care with the hospitalist as your personal physician and will be available for phone consultations with you and/or the hospitalist.
What do I do if I need to see a specialist?
Your anytime doctor will coordinate your care with the appropriate specialist(s) to best address your particular medical condition, and share all relevant clinical information. Your anytime doctor will closely monitor your progress while you are under the specialist’s care.
I have a Health Spending Account, Flexible Spending Plan, or a Medical Savings Plan through work. Can I use that to pay for the Annual Fee?
In many cases, you may be able to use such funds to pay for all or a portion of the Annual Fee, but policies differ from plan to plan, so please check with your plan administrator.
How can I reach my anytime doctor after-hours and on weekends?
Your anytime doctor will be available by cell phone, text and/or email after-hours and on weekends, except when away for medical conferences and vacation, in which case Anytime DRs will be covered by a physician colleague.
How do I join?
It is simple and easy to start your membership!
- Submit your name and contact information.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Show up to your initial (up to 90 minutes) health assessment and preventative consultation and visit.
- Fill out paperwork, undergo history and preventative physical examination and assessment along with all indicated testing
- Enjoy the MANY benefits of affordable, timely, and convenient access to your Anytime DRs, anytime, anywhere!
Patients will be accepted in the order in which they join, and once AnytimeDRs reaches capacity, it will not accept any additional patients until an existing spot opens up.
If you have any additional questions please contact us by phone or through our contact form.